Staff cuts are inevitable at the ABC | radioinfo

Staff cuts are inevitable at the ABC

Wednesday 23 October, 2019

ABC Managing Director, David Anderson, told Senate Estimates last night that he believes there will be job losses due to the Governments freeze on the broadcaster’s budget over the next three years.
 
While acknowledging that this would create a period of uncertainty for staff, he said that while the ABC had been able to find $17 million in savings to date, more work needs to be done.
 
The Federal Government’s freeze on funding is expected to cost the ABC $83.7 million dollars with the cuts phased in over the three-year period, starting with around $15 million in 2019-20, $28 million and $41 million in the following years.
 
Mr Anderson said that he doubts the ABC can close the gap without job loses, though at this stage he is unable to say how many and from where, though there would be consideration to keep jobs in regional and remote areas.

 
 
 

Advertisement

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Log InYou must be logged in to post comments.
radioinfo ABN: 87 004 005 109  P O Box 6430 North Ryde NSW 2113 Australia.  |  All content © 1996-2021. All Rights Reserved.