Historic: 2GB and 2UE newsrooms to merge tonight | radioinfo

Historic: 2GB and 2UE newsrooms to merge tonight

Thursday 09 April, 2015
photo: shutterstock

Tonight at 6pm is the final news bulletin from 2UE's Greenwich studio following the Fairfax Macquarie merger. The 7 o'clock bulletin will come from the newly merged newsroom in Pyrmont, which is a larger newsroom combining staff from both 2UE and 2GB and created to service both stations and affiliates.

Meantime News Limited appears to be delighting in the speculation surrounding job cuts at Fairfax with a story in today's Courier Mail suggesting the atmosphere at 4BC is "like a cemetery" with up to 20 staff members facing uncertain futures.                         

Industry gossip has been rife since the merger, but a RadioInfo source says there is no panic among staff ahead of a formal process of review, which gets under way tomorrow, April 10. 

Fairfax now owns 54.5 per cent of the new business's shares, with Macquarie holding the remaining 45.5 per cent.

Post a Comment


Log InYou must be logged in to post comments.

Job market carousel

radioinfo ABN: 87 004 005 109  P O Box 6430 North Ryde NSW 2113 Australia.  |  All content © 2012. All Rights Reserved.