Bernard Tomic exits I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here | radioinfo

Bernard Tomic exits I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here

Wednesday 31 January, 2018

Hit 106.9, breakfast hosts Nick, Jess and Simon speak to the reality show's producer.

Bernard Tomic is the first celeb to walk off the set of I'm a Celebrity ... Get me Out of Here, leaving after just three nights.

Executive producer Alex Mavroidakis called the station live from South Africa to share his personal experience of trying to convince Bernard Tomic to stay on the show.
 
“We heard from his representation and his parents that they all were advising him to stay. I gave him that information and said I think it’s not going to be good for you if you leave…I think he’s going to be walking into a wall of criticism, I feel sorry for the bloke and obviously I wish him well,” said Mavroidakis.

'Bernard didn't come with the right head space, he told me that he'd composed a text three days before he arrived saying he was going to pull out.'

Tomic admitted to feeling 'depressed' during his brief stint on the show, telling fellow contestant Jackie Gillies, 'I don't want to spend half my time depressed here ... thinking about how I played last year and where I should be.'

Hear Alex’s thoughts on Bernard below. 
 

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Log InYou must be logged in to post comments.
radioinfo ABN: 87 004 005 109  P O Box 6430 North Ryde NSW 2113 Australia.  |  All content © 1996-2021. All Rights Reserved.