3AW resumes broadcast of 1970s radio drama | radioinfo

3AW resumes broadcast of 1970s radio drama

Friday 20 July, 2018

'Clayton Place' is back on the air after June controversy. 

A late night replay of 1970s radio drama - Clayton Place - caused outrage in Melbourne in June, when an episode aired during 3AW program Australia Overnight. 

The offending elements of the program included a portrayal of domestic violence very much at odds with changes in social attitudes since the serial aired four decades ago. 

The serial was originally produced by Grace Gibson Productions in the 1970s, and Grace Gibson's Bruce Ferrier told radioinfo last month: 'Having listened to it, it's not surprising that this program caused offense... those attitudes from the 1970s are definitely unacceptable in modern society."

Clayton Place returned to 3AW last night, now featuring a disclaimer warning at the beginning of the program, voiced by 3AW presenter Simon Owens. 

Of the serial's return, Ferrier said "I know that heaps of regular listeners to Australia Overnight will be thrilled to know that their serial is finally returning to the airwaves. One thing is for sure: radio serials are guaranteed to create 'appointment listening' with their fans!"

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Log InYou must be logged in to post comments.

Job market carousel

radioinfo ABN: 87 004 005 109  P O Box 6430 North Ryde NSW 2113 Australia.  |  All content © 2012. All Rights Reserved.