2CA breakfast presenter sacked after harassment investigation | radioinfo

2CA breakfast presenter sacked after harassment investigation

Tuesday 16 January, 2018

2CA breakfast presenter Frank Vincent has been sacked after a harassment investigation.

It is understood that allegations of sexual harassment were investigated last year by the station, leading the dismissal today.

A statement from Radio Canberra says:

"Following allegations of harassment by an employee in the workplace, the board of Radio Canberra Pty Ltd directed management to engage an independent party to investigate the claims.

"The board received a copy of the independent investigator's report [yesterday]. Following receipt of this report, the directors unanimously agreed to take immediate action.

"Radio Canberra Pty Ltd has today terminated the employment of Frank Vincent with immediate effect.

"The directors of Radio Canberra Pty Ltd are committed to providing a safe workplace for all staff.

"The directors have determined to review current workplace policies and procedures and to implement training for all staff regarding their workplace rights."

Frank Vincent has been working at 2CA since 2014.

He has strongly denied the allegations and says he is consulting lawyers.

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Log InYou must be logged in to post comments.
radioinfo ABN: 87 004 005 109  P O Box 6430 North Ryde NSW 2113 Australia.  |  All content © 1996-2020. All Rights Reserved.