ABC budget cuts | radioinfo

ABC budget cuts

RIP ABC 0745 News bulletin

Wednesday 24 June, 2020
After 80 years in its timeslot, the quarter to eight news on ABC metro and regional stations will be axed, as part of the budget cuts announced today by Managing Director David Anderson.

Speaking to ABC Melbourne’s drive presenter Rafael Epstein, the Director of ABC News Gaven Morris explained the decision to cut the bulletin:

ABC unveils its five year plan: 250 jobs to go, flagship radio news bulletin axed, changes at ABC Life

Wednesday 24 June, 2020

Up to 250 jobs will go at the ABC as the broadcaster undertakes the biggest shake-up in its 88-year history.

The proposed savings initiatives include:

Over 200 jobs could go at the ABC

Wednesday 10 June, 2020

ABC staff have received an email from Managing Director, David Anderson, asking staff to volunteer for redundancies with more than 200 jobs now forecast to go.
 
The budget cut of $84 million is expected to make severe cuts and Anderson has confirmed that he will outline the response to the looming shortfall by the end of the month, telling staff, "The budget gap of $41 million per annum means that despite our best efforts some of our services will be affected and, regrettably, there will be redundancies.
 

Staff cuts are inevitable at the ABC

Wednesday 23 October, 2019

ABC Managing Director, David Anderson, told Senate Estimates last night that he believes there will be job losses due to the Governments freeze on the broadcaster’s budget over the next three years.
 
While acknowledging that this would create a period of uncertainty for staff, he said that while the ABC had been able to find $17 million in savings to date, more work needs to be done.
 

Labor says the Liberals have misled on ABC funding

Sunday 11 August, 2019

Labor's Shadow Minister for Communications, Michelle Rowland, says the Morrison Government has thumbed its nose at recommendations from two separate inquiries that there be stable funding for the ABC, and resorted to excuses in response.

 
In a statement released today the Member for Greenway says

Closures and mergers rumoured to be under consideration at ABC

Wednesday 30 May, 2018

Following the $84.7 million in budget cuts imposed on the ABC by the Turnbull government in the 2018-19 budget, reports are circulating that closures and mergers are being considered by the national broadcaster. 

Subscribe to RSS - ABC budget cuts
radioinfo ABN: 87 004 005 109  P O Box 6430 North Ryde NSW 2113 Australia.  |  All content © 1996-Current. All Rights Reserved.