Chief of Staff, Mildura
- Be a part of Australia's independent national broadcaster
- Maternity Leave vacancy for 13 Months commencing February 2017
- $78K - $95K p.a. (pro-rata) + choice of 15.4% super
- Mildura, Victoria
About the ABC
The ABC is the nation's most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,500 employees from diverse backgrounds, located across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, the ABC is proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality programming that informs, educates and entertains.
ABC Regional provides a national voice for the one third of Australians who live outside our capital cities. In an age where the footprint of commercial media is shrinking, the ABC's regional role is more important than ever. ABC Regional 's more than 400 staff prepare and present almost 1,000 hours of live local programs every week from 48 locations across the country, and link the stories, people and conversations of regional communities to local, national and international audiences through broadcast, online and mobile services.
About the Role
ABC Regional is seeking a dynamic leader to oversee content gathering in Mildura-Swan Hill meeting changing coverage and content requirements across all platforms.
Mildura is a vibrant rural city, an oasis on the mighty Murray River and a busy tourist town on the crossroads between Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney, and the gateway to the great outback. The town is a regional sporting mecca with a strong outdoor culture complemented by the best climate in Victoria. This is a 13-month role covering a maternity leave backfill.
The successful applicant will oversee and co-ordinate the daily output of the station in a responsive and efficient manner. You will also;
- Provide effective leadership for a whole-of-team approach to content creation.
- Identify content relevant to the region to attract, retain and build audiences.
- Create compelling local broadcast, social media and online content to engage local and national audiences across platforms.
- Actively engage in community activities on national projects.
- Develop and build team capability through appropriate training, coaching and mentoring.
Check us out here ABC Mildura
This is a fast-paced role so you will need to be a great communicator with exceptional organisation skills and a genuine commitment to the audience. If you have demonstrated editorial leadership experience and a proven track record working in a Radio and/or News content making environment, we want to hear from you.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Proven track record in a Radio, Digital and/or News content making environment.
- Strong editorial skills in planning, gathering and producing innovative content.
- Effective leader with superior organisational and communication skills.
- Experience creating agenda setting live radio in a contemporary manner with an audience focus.
For an overview of the role, please refer to the position description: 50046529 - Chief of Staff Mildura PD.pdf
Applications must be submitted via the online portal here: - abc.net.au/careers
For further information contact Lauren Henry on 0409 460 747
Applications Close: 22 January 2017
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities.